Janet Atkinson – Realising your child’s potential
Target Tutoring is an independent tutoring service providing professional, efficient and friendly help for children and their parents since it was established in 2001.
At Target Tutoring I can offer to build self-esteem, offer success in challenging areas, target areas of weakness, work in conjunction with parents and school, design individual teaching programmes and foster an enjoyment and love of learning.
- Regular tuition offered during term time
- Intensive short-term tutoring during the school holidays
- Preparation for entrance exams or S.A.T.s at Key Stage 1 & 2
- Workshops for parents
- Support Key Stage 3 children to make the transition from year 6 into Key Stage 3, by revising and extending primary skills and smoothing the transition to secondary Maths and English.
- Study skills sessions to teach revision techniques in Key Stage 3
Tutoring takes place in a purpose-equipped study with a wealth of resources chosen for both their attractiveness to children and their relevance to the curriculum taught in schools today. I am located in Yateley and tutor children from all around Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire.
The aim is to ensure that each child is proud of their own achievements and rewarded for them, whatever they may be. Sessions are an appropriate balance of support and challenge to allow each child to develop their self-esteem and academic potential in an environment where they feel secure and are able to have fun while they learn.
As sessions generally take place at the end of a school day it is important that a child feels that they are enjoyable and have access to a variety of stimulating activities designed to achieve progress in their targeted areas.
Parents are kept up-to-date with their child’s progress by regular written reports.